<$BlogRSDUrl$>

segunda-feira, junho 06, 2005

  The Dead Constitution Sketch

O Professor Amaral: I'll tell you what's wrong with this constitution, my lad. It's dead, that's what's wrong with it!

O Ministro dos Negócios Estrangeiros: No, no, it's uh,...it's resting.

O Professor Amaral: Look, matey, I know a dead constitution when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.

O Ministro dos Negócios Estrangeiros: No no it's not dead, it's, it's restin'! Remarkable treatie, the Giscard d'Estaing's! Beautiful articles!

O Professor Amaral: The articles don't enter into it. It's stone dead.

O Ministro dos Negócios Estrangeiros: Nononono, no, no! It's resting! Waiting for ballouts.

O Professor Amaral: All right then, if he's restin', I'll wake him up! Hello, frenchies! Dutchies! I've got a lovely fresh Europe for you if you show...

O Ministro dos Negócios Estrangeiros: There, it's moving.

O Professor Amaral: No, it didn't, that was you shaking the news!

O Ministro dos Negócios Estrangeiros: I never!!

O Professor Amaral: Yes, you did!

O Ministro dos Negócios Estrangeiros: I never, never did anything...

O Professor Amaral: (yelling at people) HELLO PEOPLE!!!!! Testing! Testing! Testing! Testing! This is your nine o'clock alarm call! See? Nobody cares... Now that's what I call a dead constitution.

O Ministro dos Negócios Estrangeiros: No, no.....No, it's stunned!

O Professor Amaral: STUNNED?!?

O Ministro dos Negócios Estrangeiros: Yeah! You stunned it, just as people were voting.

O Professor Amaral: Um...now look...now look, mate, I've definitely 'ad enough of this. That constitution is definitely deceased, and when I purchased it not 'alf an year ago, you assured me that its total lack of approval was due to people being waiting for votes and it will go on anyway.

O Ministro dos Negócios Estrangeiros: Well, it's...it's, ah...probably pining for the fjords.

O Professor Amaral: It's not pinin'! It's passed on! This constitution is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! Its metabolic processes are now 'istory! It's off the twig! It's kicked the bucket, it's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-CONSTITUTION!!

...

Fim de Página